- Begin by sprinkling the carpet with a light coating of baking soda.
- Let this sit a few minutes.
- Vacuum the floor as you normally
- This method also deodorizes the room!
Additional Tips and Ideas
- Use a squeegee that is long enough to push along the floor. The rubber will pull up the pet hair and make it easier to vacuum away.
- To remove pet hair from Berber carpeting, you may need to use a carpet rake along with a strong suctioning vacuum.
- You may want to consider purchasing a new vacuum. The Dyson Animal is designed specifically to remove pet hair from carpets and has received wonderful reviews about its capabilities.
- If you have the time and energy, you can move your hands along the floor while wearing rubber gloves to remove the pet hair.
- Rub a balloon along the carpet. The static will pull the hair out of the carpet.
- Sometimes the fibers of you carpet are what makes it so difficult to remove the pet hair. If none of these methods work, you may want to have a professional clean your carpets.